Agenda for this week:
- Introduction of moderators and participants.
- A discussion of what process drama is and how it is beneficial to second language acquisition.
- The PD approach is summarized for overall understanding.
This week, please read:
- The EVO Short Guide to Netiquette (link)
- Definition of Process Drama (Word doc)
- 21 Red-Hot Process Drama Tools (Word doc)
- Teaching English through Drama by Gary Carkin (Word Doc)
- ProcessDrama in Second Language Classrooms (PDF)
In addition, please watch these videos:
- Dorothy Heathcote (one of the original proponents of process drama)
- Process Drama workshop from London with Cecily O’Neill
We have checked all the Word documents for viruses, and we are confident all our resources are safe, but if you encounter any difficulties, please email us and we’ll upload them in another format.
Please also check out the links posted on the right of this page!
Your discussion leaders for this week are Gary Carkin and Shin-Mei Kao. We will be talking about these readings and videos on our YahooGroups mailing list. We’d like to hear about:
- your experiences with process drama
- and/or your responses to the readings and videos (especially if you’ve never heard of process drama before!)
To participate, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!